- Category: Advocacy and Action
- Hits: 3431
The Community Relations Committee fosters and manages the relationship between the Jewish community and the greater Wichita community by monitoring and reacting to the incidents which affect the security of the Jewish community; by reaching out to the wider community to provide information and education regarding the Jewish community; and by joining with other community groups to promote common goals.
Ongoing activities of the CRC include:
- Initiating and maintaining regular contact with the staff of the Wichita Eagle and other local media;
- Encouraging members of the Jewish community to contact their representatives regarding public policies of importance to the Jewish community;
- Updating board members and the community on current issues;
- Maintaining contact with other community organizations in order to keep abreast of current local issues and to build relationships;
- Promoting the Jewish Heritage Video Collection to schools in the Wichita area to encourage teachers to make use of this resource;
- Contacting school officials to make sure they know when major Jewish holidays fall, to avoid scheduling conflicts;
- Maintaining contact with organizations including the Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA), the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), the Jewish Community Relations Bureau/American Jewish Committee of Kansas City (JCRB/AJC), the American-Israeli Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the Consulate of Israel, and other Federations, in order to learn of national and international areas of concern.