There's no telling where you'll find members of the Congregation Emanu-El Brotherhood ... working on special projects around the Temple ... participating in community service programs ... or getting laughs at the annual fundraising Roast.
The Brotherhood is the only Jewish men's organization in the south-central Kansas area. We serve Congregation Emanu-El and the Jewish community at large with a variety of programs, services, fellowship and social interaction available nowhere else in this area.
Congregation Emanu-El Brotherhood supports both religious and social programs:
Our religious programs include:
- A presentation to each Bar and Bat Mitzvah of a hardbound copy of the Torah with commentary and transliteration;
- Set up of chairs for the High Holy Days;
- Set up the large sukkah for Sukkot and Dinner in the Sukkah;
- Support Mitzvah Day projects;
- Cook kosher hot dogs for the Purim Dinner.
Our social programs include:
- Our famous Annual Brotherhood Roast. A social dinner combined with a light hearted way of recognizing individuals who have provided so much support to our Jewish Community;
- Election year Political Brunch or other yearly brunch with a program of broad interest;
- A night of Wingnuts Baseball;
- A World Series Baseball Party;
- A Super Bowl Party;
- Provide new U.S. Flag when outdoor flag becomes tattered. Have Boy Scouts retire old flag;
- Provide support for special Temple projects that come up from time to time.
Membership in Brotherhood is fun and rewarding, and is available to all Jewish men in the Wichita and surrounding areas. Our membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 of each year. As a Brotherhood member you are welcome to attend the monthly Brotherhood Board meetings. Plan to contribute your particular expertise to the Brotherhood and join in the camaraderie. Help us grow with your active participation. It is easy to join (or renew) and get involved.
For more information, please contact Co-Presidents Mark Levy, Peter Grant, or Denise at the Congregation Emanu-El office.
Congregation Emanu-El Brotherhood
7011 E. Central
Mark Levy & Peter Grant, Co- Presidents
Shalom - Peace be with you
Brothers Dwelling in Unity (Psalms 133)
she–vet a–chem gam ya–chad (שבת אחים גם יחד)